My name is Madhuri Mittal , a hard core software professional with a passion to develop great systems.
This blog is all about Software development , the engineering and architecture of it. At the end of the day the product on the shelf has to add value to the business. I will be jotting down my experiences in creating applications with my team….hope it helps all readers with their own endeavors. Here is brief summary of my work experience:
About 20 years of work experience in Computer and IT industry in different backgrounds.
Varied industry experience, including 5 years in Financial and 4 years in Defense / Government.
Over 12 years of diverse and extensive experience in software development in the following roles:
Consultant / Technical Architect / Technical Mentor
Technical Lead / Development Manager
Senior Software Developer
- Successfully lead 3 US Army projects into completion and deployed them for CECOM , Department Of Defense in the lat 4 years. Played a Key role in designing and architecting several enterprise level applications in the previous years.
- Developed functional requirements with customers and successfully translated them into technical solutions.
- Analyzed and improved application development operations, which increased productivity. For E.g. Streamlining of Bug tracking, Deployment methodology and patch management.
- Led the requirement analysis, architecture, design, development and deployment of several small , medium to large scale enterprise applications.
- Proven experience in establishing project time lines based on team work estimates. Completed major product releases meeting aggressive, committed time lines.
- Experienced in post production support which includes enhancements, release – patch management and customer support.
- Performing code reviews , code analysis and maintaining standard code development practices .
- Led the efforts to implement version control system within development team using Visual Source Safe and Team Foundation Server.
- Demonstrated ability in solving complex technical issues at all levels including design, development and deployment. Assisted and mentored professionals from other projects / teams in the organization in resolving their issues. Mentored several junior and senior developers with their development tasks.
- Championed and initiated introduction of new technologies there by bringing new trends and improvements in development practices.